Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreaming of an industrial Serger / Overlocker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Of late I've been toying with the idea of investing in an industrial overlocker / serger. Currently, I'm using a Juki Domestic one that I accquired from Karen (my previous regular seamstress). It's still serving me well, but the grass is always greener on the other side. I'm now just itching to have more sewing gadgets and an industrial overlocker is definitely on my list. Well it is not quite within my budget now, as a 2nd hand one of Juki make costs S$770! Secondly, storage space is going to be an issue. My sewing room is too cramped, tuppleware boxes of fabrics stacked, my industrial machine, my drafting table, my vintage chest of drawers (bought for my future home), my old cupboard that is filled with clothes that have overflowed from my (new) main cupboard, tons of other old stuff..... not quite a good idea to bring home this machine now.

This would be similar to the industrial one I'm eyeing...
costs about 400 pounds on this UK site!

why do you need such a big table for such a small fellow here?

It got me kind of high by the sounds of it running (I hear that in school whenever teacher overlocks on hers) The sounds of it... as opposed to the domestic one I have now....

(YAWN..)
Juki Domestic Model MO613

Its ok for my capacity now, maybe I'm just daydreaming again that I will own that large factory space with all the cool sewing machinery...so slowly building up my fixed assets :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All Rights Reserved. Headseamstress 2010